Happy Sunday! It feels like it was a lot longer than just a week since I published last week’s roundup. Since then, I’ve found a few new blogs to follow. I spent a little less time on my blog — work is really crazy with back to school coming up, I have a dance performance coming up, and I may or may not have started playing Monster Hunter World again. Here are the posts and articles that I loved this week!
- Ayurvedic self-care rituals to help you get in the flow. Tons of tips broken down by the time of day! I started researching Ayurveda earlier this year and am trying to implement things that I learned, little by little.
- After publishing my post about true crime and horror podcasts last week, I found this list of more series in the genre. DARKNET DIARIES? Sign me up!
- A list of best houseplants for beginners – I am definitely a beginner. Of these plants that I had in the picture below, the only one that remains is the cactus…
- “The Secret Joy of Internet Ghost Towns” compares the decline in popularity of Snapchat with the earnest anonymity of the old days of the internet, before curating a perfect social media presence became the norm. It’s like the article was written for me.
- A DIY for a herb drying rack — cute enough to be kitchen decor, but actually helpful for drying lil handfuls of herbs.
- This sour cream and dill cucumber salad is like summer personified. As they say on New Scandinavian Cooking: “I’m insatiable for dill.”
- An easy recipe for frosé. I had frosé for the first time when I was in Dallas — I was there for a business trip when it was in the beautiful 80s, right after we had about 16″ of snow in MN — and the frozen wine slushy tasted so delicious sitting outside on a patio.
- These guilty pleasure songs give me no guilt. The people they ask are interesting, too!
- Are oil-blotting papers actually good for your skin?
- This menswear-inspired ultra layered look on Tokyo Fashion is A+.
- A list of uplifting podcasts! Perfect for when I’m tired of my political and true crime ones.
- This blog featuring a beautiful Scandinavian apartment is so beautiful but so comfy cozy.
- Kitchn has some chicken recipes I’d sure like to try. (Like skillet chicken thighs with creamy tomato sauce.)
- Well+Good says to ditch the tums and try these natural cures for PMS bloating.
- This pattern for a beautiful crochet shawl is literally making my eyes pop out because I love it so much.
- Drugstore makeup that’s zodiac themed?! Wet n Wild, take my money.
- I just ordered these pens because, OF COURSE, I want to start a bullet journal finally in my life.
- As always, I’ve been watching a lot of food-themed YouTube videos — my current favorite is one by TabiEats about EkiBen and clay pot lunches at train stations in Japan.
- I’ve been brainstorming on what I want to use my bullet journal for, and I’ve been finding lots of inspiration on Insta, of course, like this one below:
Hope you enjoyed some of these! Let me know in the comments what you’ve been reading this week. One more week in July — then my second month of blogging will be through! Can’t wait to keep going.
(Note: this post contains affiliate links.)