I made a deal with myself to commit to my blog fully for a few reasons: 1. blogging is something I love and I hadn’t been making time for it, 2. I want the writing practice, since I don’t do it anymore during my day job, and 3. I’m challenging myself to actually monetize a blog for once in my life. Since I’ve been spending so much time working on my own blog, I’ve also re-started reading different types of blogs regularly. I want to see what’s going on in the blog world, any trends or tips, and I just wanna make some friends — something that I’ve loved about blogging since day one!
Now that I’m reading more and more, I want to do an old-fashioned weekly link roundup of articles and posts that have been useful or interesting to read.
(Header Image Credit from Worts + Cunning Apothecary.)
- This article lists four foods that are the best to eat during Ramadan to keep energy high. I know Eid is passed, but it was interesting information that is helpful to everyone, whether you participating in fasting or not.
- I couldn’t help but smile when I saw this photo of a Shibuya alley the morning after a big party night.
- Tofugu posted about their favorite new Japanese language resources for May & June 2018. Ahh, I have not TOUCHED my Japanese homework in over a month… better try to squeeze that in.
- A recipe for rose herbal coffee (which seems more like decaf tea) which sounds delicious and is supposed to be grounding, calming, and supportive of our mental and physical wellbeing.
- Hootsuite knows their stuff and this post about influencer’s Pinterest tips is a nice reference for keeping in mind what is important to focus on for the social platform.
- This woman is amazing! The Hoodwitch’s Goddess of the Week earlier in the month was Chiquita Brujita — these pictures are BEAUTIFUL and Brujita seems like such an infectiously joyous being.
- The Glitter Guide posted 7 amazing pink bathrooms — someday I’ll have my own bathroom, and this is bookmarked for that day.
- If I was throwing a summer party, I’d make these edible flower popsicles.
- This cropped pink corduroy jacket makes me excited for fall.
- These lime green and purple leopard print creepers are literally the only things I want on my feet rn.
- 5 incredibly simple face scrubs to make at home!
Related: 11 Free DIY Spa at Home Recipes
- 20 types of food to improve mental health — all natural, baby!
- Here are instructions on how to make rustic-looking patio candles to keep bugs away. Important in MN summers.
- The Frugal Girl posted her weekly meal plan and budget on Friday! Delicious, and good inspiration on how to watch your pocketbook while eating well at the same time.
- A free crochet pattern for a cold shoulder v-neck top. Looks easy enough for me to make!
- This post has a list of money-saving apps that either hide your own money from you (to help you save!) or to help you earn some passive income. Worth a look, right?
- Cinnamon essential oil can help fight against superbugs! Yikes.
- A post stating that people need at least one completely anonymous social media account to do their own thing on. What do you think?
- I love Buffer’s social media marketing blog, and this post just reminds me why — how to use Reddit to think of great content ideas.
That’ll do it for this weekend! If you have any blog recommendations for me, leave ’em in the comments. I wanna know what you’re checking daily.
(Note: This post contains affiliate links.)